There are many things I would rather do than sit down and watch a football game. That list is very long so I won’t even go there. That being said, I usually watch the Super Bowl every year. Actually it’s more of a half-assed, kind of paying attention, I’m really stuffing my face with guacamole, kind of watching. I don’t even enjoy the commercials. Is that weird?
This year is different because I am making a vow to pay more attention than I normally do. I will put down my computer/phone/ipad/dog and actually watch the game. Amazing, I know. And I have already jumped on the Seahawks bandwagon. Here’s 10 reasons why:
- I love their colors. Green and blue are two of my faves, and I have always enjoyed the way it makes the Seahawks jerseys look. I think they just may have the best colors in the NFL.
- Jeff is from Washington State, so I guess that kind of means I’m a fan by association.
- I once named a cat “Cobain” after Kurt Cobain of Nirvana who everyone knows is awesome and from Seattle (RIP).
- I already own a Seattle hat, and even though it is actually a Mariner’s hat it means the same thing, right?
- I really appreciate Starbucks.
- My BFFFFFFFF currently lives in Seattle and often sends me pictures like this from Century Link Field, so I basically feel like I’ve been cheering them on already.
- There aren’t many places cooler than the Seattle Pike Place Market.
- I’m really an Eagles fan so at least I’m rooting for a bird.
- I am tired of Omaha being referred to as anything besides a city in Nebraska or a brand of steaks. Related: I don’t like Peyton Manning’s face.
- Seattle is unofficially on my itinerary for this summer, and I am considering picking up a t-shirt on my trip. I would like a little badge on the shirt saying Super Bowl Champs, just to prove that I am a diehard
bandwagonfan. Is that too much to ask?
Are you watching the Super Bowl this year? If so, who are you rooting for?
Also – am I the only person who thought Richard Sherman’s rant was hilarious? Yes, maybe a little over the top, but people are seriously overreacting. Calm down folks! The world is not ending!
Facebook | Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest