I admit I have been feeling a bit nostalgic about spring and summer lately. As temps are warming up across the globe, it seems Germany is set to remain chilly. In an attempt to get some warm weather vibes, I was recently was cruising around my archives from last spring and summer. I noticed one particular pair of shorts popping up again and again – a pair of J. Crew pull on shorts which I have in navy and pink. They were by far one of my favorite purchases of last summer because they were so versatile and comfy. Below are a few of my favorite ways I’ve worn them in the past year.
- Polished – Light jacket, tucked in silk tank, gold chain necklace, and heeled booties / original post
2. Laid back – Half tucked oversized sweater, pendant necklace, and wedge booties / original post
3. Nautical – Tucked in striped tank, gold accents, retro sunnies, and cut out wedge heels / original post
4. Edgy – Half tucked statement tank, collar necklace, black accents / original post
5. Preppy – Grey cardigan, tucked in white t-shirt, nude strappy sandals, and high ponytail / original post
My secret to keeping pull on shorts looking chic and not sloppy is to show the waist line by tucking in all or some of the top, and to always pair them with some kind of heel. It really helps to elongate your legs. If you’re loving them as much as me, I found this similar pair on the J. Crew Factory website for under $30, and they come in a variety of different colors and patterns (um hello striped pair). I think I may have to add a few more to my collection…
Are you a fan of pull on shorts? What’s your favorite way to style them?
Shop the post:
Facebook | Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest