1. Set Goals: Going to the gym is so much easier when you have a long term goal in mind. Whether that is weighing in at a certain number, lifting a certain amount of weight, or having a six pack by summer. Remind yourself of your goal whenever you’re feeling unmotivated to keep you moving.
2. Go in With a Plan: Know what you’re doing before you even step into the gym. I have totally been that person creepily walking around, looking at each machine trying to figure out what I want to do or blankly staring at the weight racks. I always feel so awkward, and then I end up doing nothing and just running on the treadmill. I like to take 5 minutes before I head in to plan on paper or on my phone exactly what I’m going to do so I don’t go in feeling like an awkward turtle. And if you have no idea what to do, a session with a personal trainer is always helpful!
3. Create a Killer Playlist: I like to pride myself on my wonderfully curated workout/pump up playlist (check out mine here). A good playlist has the same effect as coffee for me. It wakes me up, keeps me going, and helps me zone out.
4. Reward yourself: And I don’t mean with a cupcake. The gym I go to has a steam room which I take the time to treat myself to every Friday. In the past I’ve also set monthly goals for myself with a much coveted reward if I reach them (Like sunglasses or a pair of shoes). No better motivation than something pretty for yourself!
5. Take the Right Supplements: Do some research and take the right supplements to enhance your progress. I usually take fish oil, a women’s multivitamin, and most recently Zenwise Advanced Green Tea Extract. I’m not going to lie, I was a little hesitant to try green tea pills, but I figured “why not?”. What attracted me the most was its claim to increase fat burning. I fit into the “Apple” body type category, meaning I typically gain weight around my middle section. I’ve had a stubborn area I was seeing no progress regardless of the different exercises I tried, and I definitely saw a decrease in fat in that area after a few days of taking this pill. Even after doing some research to make sure I wasn’t imagining my progress, I found an article that confirms green tea does infact increase abdominal fat burning, especially during exercise (source). I can’t personally speak to the other benefits of this pill such as lower cholesterol, increased physical performance, or antioxidants, but I haven’t been sick yet.
Thank you to Brand Backer and Zenwise Labs for sponsoring this post.
What are some tips you use for gym success?
Facebook | Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest